Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Fitness? and a walk on the River

So yesterday was a big day.  After a two year drought, we re joined Planet Fitness.  This morning was our first trip in.  I remembered all the turns to get there and we arrived a little after 8.  Starting out on my old friend, the elliptical felt a little weird at first.  The stance felt funny.  I lasted about 10 minutes, a far cry from the forty I used to do.  Age and inactivity have taken their tole. Judy got me hooked up with wireless earphones and with Pandora, I was off and running.  Did about 30 minutes of strength training and I was done. Did not feel as bad as I thought it would.  PF was as clean as I remembered from before.  Staff was friendly and helpful and because of United Healthcare Medicare Advantage, it was free.  Now have no excuses.

We then went to Walgreens for our second booster shot which took about an hour.  Figuring the gym might be a torrent of disease, we needed to get fully boosted.  No free home covid tests at this point even though the president proclaimed if from the podium.  The retailer''s systems had not yet caught up.

It was truly a lovely day, sunny and in the 50's so we went to the Detroit Riverwalk for a short hike on the river, with Canada in our view.  There were a few boats and fisherman on the shore.  The ice is gone and the water moved swiftly past us. I can never keep up with Judy.  We are about the same height but she is all legs and I am mostly torso.  We carry on anyway, her waiting for me to catch up.  During the week, this place is truly a wonder with few people around, the water rushing by and if you are blessed with sunshine a perfect day.

My shot arm is feeling sore and my 72 year old muscles are feeling stiff, but going back to PF anyway.  My sitting neighbors at the penitentiary accuse me of attempting to get buff.  My reply is that I am trying to be not dead and really, that's it. At this age, I won't get better looking and my hair will still be white. 

Going to Zeoli's this afternoon to split a meal.  Supposed to be a rainy one.  Maybe a field trip to the DIA tomorrow.

all for now

stay safe


No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...