Thursday, February 17, 2022

Exercises and the Weather

I do these simple exercises in the morning that take about 15 minutes to improve flexibility and balance and stretch my back. Went to physical therapy in January 2020 to work on my posture and balance and received these moves from the therapist.  I am not going to say they make me a new person but they make me aware of my body and connected to it.  Generally, when I am done, I feel calmer and more in touch.  

Photo today is from summer in Suttons Bay to lighten things up. 

Snow is gone here in Berkley, replaced by rain to be followed by more snow and ice.  Thru the weekend things promise to be exceptionally shitty and we will move into another splendid February Michigan week.  I have to remember that everyone will endure this month and all it has to offer.  Also have to remember that we would be burning in California and flooded elsewhere in the country.  A years long drought in the west has nearly depleted their usable water supplies.  People suffer, crop suffer and the fruits and vegetables we enjoy come from this region, without water cannot survive.  In Michigan, we have abundant natural resources and a moderate climate.  We have snow, but are rarely buried and we are usually prepared to deal with it. I think I need to put up with it and stop complaining.

Completed the film Nightmare Alley,  While not the best movie ever made, Bradley Cooper and Cate Blanchet (my current crush) are outstanding in this mystery shot in the film noir style mostly in darkness. Ms. Blanchett has a face that is like one of those painted on a WWII fighter plane. This is one of those you view on a streaming service you are already paying for, but would be angry you spent ten dollars a ticket at the local cinema.

Abbott Elementary is a delightful, not stupid or stereotypic series about an elementary school in Philadelphia.  With nearly all African American cast, the depictions are genuine.  You can't but help liking the main characters, playing first year teachers.  Outstanding is Sheryl Lee Ralph (something of a bombshell in the 70's) as an old school kindergarten teacher that makes do with available resources.  All my teacher pals should see this one.

Driving to the VA with Judy this morning and taking care of Apollo later.  Other than that, will be hunkering down.  Lots of food to make.

all for now

stay safe



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...