Monday, January 3, 2022

A new beginning

This is the new 2022 blog with a new name and background.  The last few days have been quiet and I am starting out on my quest to get rid of most processed foods in my eating plan.  Judy is still sleeping as is Harry.  It is extremely cold here today with temps in the low teens.  But the sun is about to show brightly.  It's a new day in a new year.

Betty White's passing really jolted me and continues to do so.  I really assumed that she would never die.  Both professionally and privately, hers was a life well lived.  We learned of her passing at our New Years Eve day party at the penitentiary.  Dear friend Bill Wilson orchestrated the event and the participants really enjoyed themselves.  Thanks to Bill, Joyce, Judy (not mine she was helping Shannon) and Kathleen for all their hard work. My girl loved every minute.  She had snacks and water in the bottle and soaked up all the attention. She even picked out the winning ticket on the raffle.   

I spent the NYE celebration with my buddy Apollo at Katey's apartment.  Ate my last McDonalds and tried to find something on TV worth watching.  Struggled thru the first half of Matrix Resurrections hating its attempt to piece the story together and being nonplussed by the long haired, bearded Neo,  finally shutting it off.  It was a disappointment.  I finally settled on completing the dismal series The Defeated which was about post war Germany and its aftermath.  It was good using both languages and a cast that included German and American actors. 

Yesterday was a complete day off and we looked at Power of the Dog on Netflix.  Judy had read the book and it was daunting to see Benedict Cumberbatch as a villain no matter how good he was at it.  She had to explain the punch in the gut ending to me because I missed the point.  Not a film that will lift your spirits.

We watched The Lost Daughter but shut it off before completion.  It was also a disappointment despite the performance of Olivia Colman.  But we saw an inspiring performance by Dame Judi Dench in Six Minutes to Midnight with a great showing  by a non-drag Eddie Izzard as the hero of the film.  This is worth seeing on Hulu.

I called this set of writings Into the Future because I really don't know what this year will bring with all the uncertainty that abounds.  We can only be smart and hope for the best.

all for now
stay safe




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...