Thursday, October 8, 2026

small topics


I have become hopelessly committed to the characters on this show "Shrinking" on AppleTV.  They are complex with lots of shortcomings and yet admirable features.  Jimmy was launching a relationship with an age appropriate woman that had depth and humor and seemed well suited to his quirky demeanor.  I wanted him to heal from the death of his wife and find some modicum of happiness.  Then, without ceremony, he dumps her.  His father is a shit show off that decides to go deep see fishing instead of attending the daughter's HS graduation that he made the trip for,  The Harrison Ford character is struggling to walk away from his therapy practice while battling Parkinson's becoming more human and compassionate with each episode.  Michael J. Fox becomes his foil in the disease battle, both proclaiming "Fuck Parkinson's" as a cry of freedom.  Even have empathy for the minority players and their struggles.  I need to get a life.

I had one of those eureka! moments yesterday.  I really enjoy hard boiled eggs.  They can be made in advance and stored in the fridge.  They last and don't really make a mess.  One of my dilemmas has been peeling the shells without destroying the egg because the shell won't remove.  I have read all the tips on methodology still have massacred hard boiled eggs.  Finally have some success, as follows

Bring the water to boil.  Place 6-8 eggs in the boiling water for 13 minutes.  In the interim, place 6-8 ice cubes in a container.  After the cooking period, place the eggs on the ice cubes and fill with water for a few minutes.  The cold water causes the membrane beneath the shell to shrink.  After it cools and you are ready to consume, the shells come off quite handily.  The ice bath is the key to success.  So pleased when something works.

Had to include a pic of my buddy Frank.  He gets me.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

small topics

I have become hopelessly committed to the characters on this show "Shrinking" on AppleTV.  They are complex with lots of shortcomi...