Sunday, August 2, 2026

tomatoes

Rain...albeit short lived for today.  We really needed it.  Lawns are still so cooked that they will not come alive until next season. 

Personally, i need more balancing exercises.  On uneven surfaces I am unsteady and unsure.  If it's flat, I am fine.

Tomatoes are prolific and ripening.  Tried some different varieties this year in that I have located a better growing spot.  Flavors are still tomatoey but slightly stronger.

It's  a quiet Sunday and we are not moving too fast Harry is lounging on the sofa, contented.  I am munching on a bagel and cream cheese.  We will visit Shannon in the afternoon.  

Trying to deal wth my addiction to screens

and devices.  I doom scroll like a teenager, only pausing for a moment on each image and reading the headlines of each entry, then moving on over and over and over ultimately wasting hours of time gaining no satisfaction for my efforts.  

We have this cat Simon that shuttles between the two floors.  He is friendly to me in the morning when I am tying my shoes.  It is his focus to escape into the attached garage, always at the door ready to run out.  Today taking out the trash, I closed the door but left I ajar.  Out he pushed an under the vehicle in its spot.  I am not crawling under the car.  What he really wants is to climb onto the platform that was in the house.  He ripped it up and made an ongoing mess.  He was perched op there and did not want to leave.  Claws and teeth out,  he was not to be extricated.  Grabbed some gloves and fought him off his position; an exciting morning.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

tomatoes

Rain...albeit short lived for today.  We really needed it.  Lawns are still so cooked that they will not come alive until next season.  Pers...