As an aside, Ive got a wound on my leg that will be seen by my primary care doc today. It's wonderful to get old, with the body falling apart. Dragging myself to planet fitness this morning to try to get some level of fitness along side of the young fit members.
I started this yesterday and did not know where to go with the topic. I heard about her death at the ballpark watching the Tigers beat the Rays, a real treat for us in that we haven't been to the ball park in a long time. Judy mentioned it, the crowd collectively sang "Jolene" we went back to the game. Later the. next day I realized just how devastating this news was. I knew she had some years on her seeing her entertaining millions with her wonderful songs and sparkling, positive personality, I figured we would be enjoying her for at least another 10 years. Death, however, does not present a calling card. It happens without much warning when you are called home.
We can all learn a lesson from Dolly. Be loving, positive and accepting of all people and bring a smile to their faces.
This is my disheveled commentary

No comments:
Post a Comment