We had a memorable week. There was a death to be mourned, a gathering of friends and a visit with Shannon. I cannot escape the thoughts that still resonate with me. A man I know well lost a son, a best buddy and confidant. This guy had a pretty good life from my estimation, loving family, grandchildren and pretty good health. To see him weeping and crushed surrounded by his family and friends is uncharacteristic of his usual calm and engaging manner. To have your youngest taken from you is such a bitter surprise. My thoughts of him still stay.
I am reminded that life is a series of fleeting moments and tomorrows are not guaranteed. This family will be forever changed but will carry on.
Our wonderful neighbors threw their annual summer bash this year with a live band, lots of food and friendship. I am so pleased to be invited. Brought cookies and was told they were asked about. Shannon came and had marvelous time will the eats and the music
Christopher, one of her housemates had a birthday party too. We attended at the home of his mother. Again more good eats and company. I got to interact with folks and have a great time.
Today having coffee with Rose and Janine at Mother Handsome. It's been awhile. Lots of catching up to do.
Saw an inspiring film on Netflix last night. From 2024, called Ordinary Angels. This is a true story taking place in Louisville. Worth a watch.
(Judy and Shannon at Christopher's party)

No comments:
Post a Comment