Thursday, October 3, 2024

yet another fall

On  October 1st I went out for a walk with Harry and upon my return heading toward the receptacle, I fell on my face yet again on some concrete pavers near the can.  This happened as the recycling collection was taking place and these kind guys came to my aid and got Judy.  Made another trip to the hospital; this time thru the aid of the Southfield FD and spent a few hours there while they checked me out.  Ruled just banged up, returned home. I have learned from this experience in one facet.  On September 30th got the latest covid and flu shots.  I usually get a little wonky from the flu shot on the following day and really should not have taken that walk.  Felt myself leaning forward in my stride.  Probably should have stopped.  

Temporarily, I am using the stair lift we installed for Shannon to travel from our apartment.  it's good we have it.  All in all, I am a mess but improving every day.  Fell mainly on my right shoulder so today was the first day I could lift my arm up to table height to type.  Frankly I am sick of writing about myself and my tales of travail.  

Cannot say enough about the kindness of the Southfield folks that helped me out nor the contractors picking up the recyclables.  They really helped me through a vulnerable moment.

Judy is off to take the kids to school and a visit with her good friend Jayne.  Elijah turned 15 and Paxton turned 8 on October 1st and 2nd.  Had nice conversations with both of them on their big days. Eli is taller than me by a. mile and Paxton is articulate way beyond his years. He is doing a podcast on some aspect of history.  

But enough complaints

all for now 

stay safe









No comments:

Post a Comment

yet another fall

On  October 1st I went out for a walk with Harry and upon my return heading toward the receptacle, I fell on my face yet again on some concr...