Thursday, September 19, 2024

the Tumultuous Road to completion





It's been a tumultuous road to completion on this apartment.  The appliances have been installed save the over the range microwave and ice maker.  At so many levels Lowes failed to perform as promised.  First, I appears that they gave our refrigerator to someone else.  Later, after many phone calls, we got a replacement.  They sent out a team of installers to put in the ice maker.  Neither of which had ever performed the task before and were completely flummoxed.  It went back in the box, only to be refunded after lots of discussions and negotiations with the store and corporate office.  Judy and I made the management decision that we would use the microwave we already had and sent back the item shipped.  We had lost all faith that Lowes could install it successfully and safely.  Each of us had images of this heavy machine falling on the stove and ripping out the overhead cabinet.  On the upside, everything we have  works and it's nice to have a dishwasher.  The new washing machine does well and has a massive capacity.   We are nearly at the end of this process.  The general contractor is installing a bedroom door and a door over the water meter tomorrow.  Then, thats it.  Judy has completed nearly all the painting.  My painting talents are minimal and its best I stay away from the brushes and rollers.

 The refrigerator is semi full and the grand kids are happy to show up after school to eat and hang out.   We have tried to stock some of their favorites   Today is the first dinner we will provide.  It will consist of things they are used to and comfortable with.  Lunch at both schools is served  early so they are famished when they walk in the door.

We have located most of the stuff packed from the apartment aside from AA batteries.  Starting to put stuff


on the walls to make it more homey.  Still taking too many steps looking for the location of regular items.  Are fhe forks in this drawer or that one?  What shelf on the pantry are the cereals?  The place is starting to feel like home but not there yet for me.

I have job assignments.  I water plants, clean the cat box.  cut the lawn, and incessantly make lists of items to purchase and tasks to complete.  Cooked my first meals on the new stove.  I made a mushroom, lemon pasta and an eggplant /olive feta cheese  pasta dish, cooked in the oven.  

This beard is making me look like Gabby Hayes (few of you will get this)

These are some photos of plants around the yard.

all for now

stay safe


No comments:

Post a Comment

yet another fall

On  October 1st I went out for a walk with Harry and upon my return heading toward the receptacle, I fell on my face yet again on some concr...