Saturday, August 19, 2023

Plans? What Plans?

 At 62,300 miles the car was running fine.  I had a big day planned getting Katey's apartment back in shape while she convalesced at our senior apartment.  First I. had big dog beds and pillows to be washed at the laundromat in Clawson, then off to her residence to install stuff in the bathroom and finally, a steam clean of the carpets with my trusty Hoover rug cleaner.  

Things are going fine aside from the fact that none of the ladies using the machines at Fabricare will talk to me.  I don't know whether the found me dangerous or were just pissed to be there in the first place.  One of the beds was so large that it kept popping open the door on the dryer and was ultimately put out to air dry.  My car is filled with stuff including the Hoover and a basket with the cleaning solution.  I was progressing nicely and before 9am, I am done and ready to move to the next part of the operation. 

Hop back in the vehicle and nothing.  The accessories are working but the car will not start.  After fumbling around with the sequences, I realized that I had not a solution.  Managed to get through all the steps with Progressive Insurance to secure road side assistance to get a jump.  Called my buddy Nick at B and B Collision and he put me in touch with a place in Royal Oak, Top Tech.  He had the battery and could install it today.  Drove it over there and tendered the car to him and walked to the nearby McDonalds, located pal Debbie at the Towers and she picked me up.  Judy, btw was at a dr. appointment and couldn't help. 

At about 3pm the car was done and 267 dollars later, it was fixed with new battery installed.  Proceeded to her apartment and completed the rest of my planned tasks.  Returned home and Judy and Katey are watching another Harry Potter movie.  It is way too loud for me and after a sandwich, I retreat to one of the bedrooms with my phone. 

Even when you make plans, with a careful strategy, things can run amok.  It was Friday before the Dream Cruise and things had to get done because I had to stay on my side of Woodward for the Saturday revelers.  

I know, waaaaaay too many details.

all for now

stay safe. (Its 6am and have been writing since 5)


No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...