Tuesday, July 11, 2023

A Re Found Friend



I am addicted to re invention.  Never have been satisfied with myself.  Long hair, short hair, beard, mustache, clean-shaven, always changing it up.  Addicted to seeing a new me even though I am the same person. Was told today that I was a re found friend.  I kind of like this title. This old friend, now widowed coined this definition. 

Been watching the latest season of "Black Mirror" which is a modern day version of "The Twilight Zone".  Most have been good with one clinker about AI romance.  Last night's episode "Smithereens" was outstanding with a disquieting ending.  

We are looking at the Amazon Prime Days merchandise this morning.  The New Balance sneakers I have been waiting on did not drop one dime.  They are promoting influencer inspired crocs and other items.  People my age influence nothing and no one and are no longer of consequence unless someone wants our money.  

The evening news no matter which channel contains endless pitches with singing actors dancing and belting out songs about Ozempic or some other life changing drug. I love that they are using someone that actually looks like America.  The son of Sam Bernstein, and the replacement for stroked out Jeff Feiger and Mike Morse are pleading with us to call them with our problems.  Kevin Hart is screaming "Where's the Cream Puffs" in his online gambling pitch.  All of this has become quite tiring. 

Many performers from my youth are retiring, Elton, Billy, Paul to name a few.  Mick and the boys should retire their wrinkly old asses down once and for all.  Keith could do commercials for Aspercreme with his arthritic fingers.  Ron could retreat to painting and Mick could finally let his gray hair show.

I know, a lot of bitching, its that kind of day
all for now
stay safe

No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...