Monday, June 12, 2023

An Old White Guy

Yes, that's me.  Old (the first definition) pale skinned, straight, of male gender.  People that look like me, sound like me and feel like me have lost their significance in our society.  We are shrugged off and passed by.  Attractiveness has long ago departed.  Basically me and folks of my ilk have become furniture.

That being said, I watched the brilliantly disquieting film, The Whale yesterday after noon and when it was completed, I could not speak.  I was sucked in, dragged off and consumed by all the emotions put forth on the screen.  Brendan Frasier was amazing as was the supporting cast.  It was a film with great sadness and great redemption at its close.  if you are a person that can handle all the emotional upheaval that this movie delivers, see it.  If you can't, skip it.

Last night's Tony Awards were completely unscripted with all in full support of the Writers Guild of America and their contract struggles.   There were no long speeches only recipients reading from note cards they carried to the stage.  While I enjoyed it, was not enamored of the offerings I guess because I could not recognize the songs. Only Camelot with the lead actor voicing If Ever I Would Leave You had any familiarity.  And not to be too picky, but some of the singers were a little "pitchy" with notes not right on the money.  

The rain finally came yesterday and washed some of the smoke and particulate from our air.  As of 6:36am we are at a Good Rating of 18.  This will come as some relief for those with respiratory issues. 

All of this probably too truthful for me.

all for now

stay safe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dream Cruise 2024

I heard the first rumble of the tailpipe this morning at 6:45am.  The Dream Cruise is starting.  Looks like the rain all hit in the middle o...