Wednesday, October 5, 2022

A Day off



It's Wednesday and I have the day off.  I am getting the hang of this cleaning business and sort of had a mistake free day yesterday.  I am really liking this job and learning the process.  Was concerned that my capacity to learn was becoming diminished.  There is a certain comforting sameness to the operations here.  Have become accustomed to my high volume boss and the quiet diligence of my coworkers with their tasks.  Picture your mom ironing your dad's shirts for the office and getting out the stains before the stuff goes into the wash.  These ladies take their jobs very seriously and are good at them.

We are in the middle of Yom Kippur, the day of atonement for the Jewish people around the world.  Even though not a member of this faith, I feel we can all use some introspection and an honest view of our lives and how they have been lived.  We have all harmed others whether we can say it out loud or not.  I think we need to make peace with our transgressions and move forward without absolution but on a better path with empathy for our fellow humans.

Going to force myself to Planet Fitness this morning  after being away for about 5 days,  eating like a lunatic and sitting on my ass for much of it.  Harry is looking at me expectantly for his morning meal and I will comply

all for now
stay safe






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...