Saturday, January 8, 2022

Its Saturday Morning



It's Saturday and all are asleep including Marie that spent the night.  Above is one of her finds from the thrift shop yesterday.  I could write the story of the original owner of this object d'art.  She is a lady of some years that has pulled back white hair and perfect makeup with dabs of rouge on her cheeks neatly blended in with a hint of rose on her lips. She wears glasses that are bifocal and without rims, high on her nose, looking through them,
not over the top of the lenses.  Her dress is not plain but appropriate for her station in life.  She has kids all moved away and grand kids now grown.  This piece has a place for prominence on a drum table at the side of her comfortable chair with a pole lamp aside the table for reading.

Or in another scenario,  it sits candle lit on the mantle casting forboding shadows across the room in the haunted house you have booked for a nights stay. Either one, kind of interesting, this is truly a great treasure with some story to tell.  

I have abandoned the black and white.  It was a stage for me.  My son Andrew remarked that Dad had them fooled with age up to a couple of years ago. I found it a curious comment.  My looks have crumbled and it only took two years.  

With our single digit current temperatures, I felt compelled to include a photo of a Florida sunrise from February 2020.  This seems like a lifetime ago.  In the early am I would don my shorts and tee shirt and go for a 5 mile walk before the sun came up. It was about 70 degrees and breezy.  Strangers would say hello and I would shuffle thru the sand.  I experienced real serenity on this walks. 

Today going to Katey's to drop off some soup.  Judy and Marie will be finishing their painting project.  I will add a photo to the next blog.  

all for now

stay warm

stay safe

  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...